1. When the MacMichael Treaties (or agreements) were signed, the states of Malaysia became a colony of the British. The Malayan Union would be ruled entirely by the British. The Malays could no longer claim ownership of the states. There no longer was a Tanah Melayu or Malay Land.
2. As one, the Malays rose in protest. Such was their unity the British had to back down and abrogated all the MacMichael Treaties. The British agreed to replace the Malayan Union with the Federation of Malaya. Officially the accepted name was “Persekutuan Tanah Melayu”. It reverted to being a protectorate by treaty.
3. The Government of the Federation of Malaya was led by the High Commissioner as the Chief Executive, presiding over the Executive Council and the Legislative Council. All members were nominated by the High Commissioner.
4. In 1955 the British decided to hold partial election for 52 of the 98 seats of the Federal Legislative Council.
5. The British believed that no single party could win more than 49 seats to claim a right to form a majority Government.
6. In the event the Alliance of Umno, MCA and MIC won 51 of the 52 seats and was able to claim the right to form a home-rule Government.
7. Immediately there was a clamour among the people and the parties in the Government for independence.
8. Negotiations were held in London and eventually it was agreed that Malaya would become independent in 1957.
9. In preparation for this, the Reid Commission was tasked with drawing up the independent Federal Constitution.
10. It was agreed that Malaya would be a democracy where the people would choose the Government. The rulers would be constitutional heads without executive power. Their position would be guaranteed by the Constitution which would be the supreme law of the country.
11. The party winning the election would name the Prime Minister (or the Chief Minister – Menteri Besar) and the constitutional head would endorse.
12. Should the constitutional monarch refuse to endorse and proposes his own candidate and endorses him, the winning party can reject him in the assembly – ‘dewan’, through a vote of non-confidence.
13. The constitutions of Johore and Terengganu, which were promulgated earlier, were nullified by the new constitution which was accepted by all the states of Malaysia. Accordingly on the 9th of May, 2018, the peoples of Malaysia went to the polls to elect the Governments of (the Federation) Malaysia and the Governments of the states.
14. It is important that everyone concerned respects the constitution and abides by it. Failure to do so would negate the rule of law. - chedet
1. Negeri-negeri di Malaysia menjadi tanah jajahan British selepas Triti (atau perjanjian) MacMichael ditandatangani. Malayan Union akan diperintah sepenuhnya oleh British. Orang-orang Melayu tidak lagi mempunyai tuntutan terhadap negeri-negerinya. Tiada lagi Tanah Melayu.
2. Orang Melayu bangkit bersatu menentang. Perpaduan itu menyebabkan British terpaksa memansuhkan semua Triti MacMichael. British setuju menggantikan Malayan Union dengan Persekutuan Tanah Melayu. Secara rasminya nama yang diterima ialah “Persekutuan Tanah Melayu”. Ia tidak lagi menjadi negeri naungan disebabkan triti itu.
3. Kerajaan Persekutuan Tanah Melayu diketuai oleh pesuruhjaya tinggi sebagai ketua eksekutif, yang mengetuai Majlis Eksekutif dan Majlis Perundangan. Semua anggotanya dicalonkan oleh pesuruhjaya tinggi.
4. Pada 1995, British memutuskan mengadakan pilihan raya untuk 52 daripada 98 kerusi dalam Majlis Legislatif Persekutuan.
5. British percaya tiada satu parti akan menang lebih 49 kerusi untuk menuntut hak membentuk kerajaan majoriti.
6. Tetapi Perikatan Umno, MCA dan MIC menang 51 dari 52 kerusi dan berjaya menuntut hak membentuk kerajaan pemerintahan sendiri.
7. Sejurus selepas itu kedengaran suara-suara di kalangan rakyat dan parti dalam kerajaan untuk menuntut kemerdekaan.
8. Rundingan dibuat di London dan akhirnya dipersetujui Malaya akan merdeka pada 1957.
9. Sebagai persediaan untuk itu, Suruhanjaya Reid ditugaskan merangka perlembagaan persekutuan yang merdeka.
10. Malaya dipersetujui menjadi negara demokrasi yang rakyat bebas memilih kerajaan. Raja-raja akan menjadi ketua berperlembagaan tanpa kuasa eksekutif. Kedudukan mereka akan dijamin oleh perlembagaan sebagai undang-undang tertinggi dalam negara.
11. Parti yang memenangi pilihan raya akan menamakan perdana menteri (atau menteri besar) dan ketua berperlembagaan akan merestuinya.
12. Jika raja berperlembagaan menolak merestuinya dan mencalonkan serta merestui calon sendiri, parti pemenang boleh menolaknya dalam dewan, melalui undi tidak percaya.
13. Undang-undang tubuh Johor dan Terengganu yang diisytiharkan sebelum itu terbatal dengan perlembagaan baru yang diterima oleh semua negeri-negeri di Malaysia. Pada 9 Mei 2018, rakyat Malaysia mengundi untuk memilih kerajaan (Persekutuan) Malaysia dan kerajaan negeri-negeri.
14. Penting untuk semua orang menghormati perlembagaan dan patuh padanya. Gagal berbuat demikian akan menidakkan kedaulatan undang-undang. (Terjemahan daripada tulisan Dr Mahathir Mohamad di blog beliau hari ini yang bertajuk “The Malaysian constitution”.)
Shahidan Kassim given
DNAA in alleged molest case...
Lawyer Zamri Ibrahim, representing Shahidan, said that Sessions Court judge Ainul Shahrin Mohamad made the decision after being informed that the prosecution did not want to proceed with the case due to the victim not wanting to be questioned, even in camera.
"Today it was the victim’s turn to testify. She is the fifth prosecution witness.
"The victim when testifying initially had confirmed the police report lodged by her, but thereafter told the court that she did not want to be questioned further, and did not want to continue with the case," he said.
Zamri said the prosecution then informed the court that they did not want to call the next witness, and asked that the accused be given a discharge not amounting to an acquittal under Section 254 of the Criminal Procedure Code.
Shahidan, 68, a former minister in the Prime Minister’s Department under the previous government, was charged with molesting the girl, who was then aged 15, in his Toyota Harrier SUV at the compound of the Tuanku Syed Putra Stadium on Oct 20, 2018, at about 11.30pm.
He was charged under Section 14(a) of the Sexual Offences Against Children Act 2017, which provides for imprisonment of up to 20 years and whipping, if convicted.
Shahidan when asked to comment on the court's decision afterwards, simply said: "I am fasting, I am a Muslim."
The prosecution was conducted by Perlis prosecution director Mohd Nordin Ismail.
The case, hearing of which began yesterday, had called two witnesses to testify. Earlier today, the court heard testimony from two witnesses who testified in open court.
After that, the complainant was called to testify in camera, and the court asked the members of the public seated in the gallery to leave the courtroom.
Earlier, Norzuki Husin, who is in charge of the Kangar Special Branch, testified that he did not know the case clearly until he was informed by his friend Saiful Anuar Abdul Hamid, a member of Buskers DSSK, while they were having a drink at a shop in Kuala Perlis on the evening of October 20, 2018.
He said he did not influence the family of the girl to lodge a police report and had only read the report made by the complainant while at the Kangar police headquarters the next day.
Another witness, Abdul Fatah Abdul Manaf, testified that he was the officer who recorded the complainant's statement for the report at 3am on Oct 21, 2018, and also recorded her statement again when she came to withdraw the complaint at 11am the same day.
“I only handled the case for a week before I was directed to hand it over to ASP Salwani (no full name) from the Perlis contingent headquarters,” said Abdul Fatah.- Bernama
Shahidan lepas kes cabul budak, pengadu enggan teruskan kes
Kuasa serta Tunai merupai senjata Maharaja diera Moden ini yang sering diamalkan olih orang politik yang telah hilang hala tuju mereka. - Kyototan Abdul
Hebat MP Arau boleh dicontohi oleh MP2 lain.Lakukan dan selesai diluar mahkamah.Seronoknya dan tahniah MP Arau. - Alimin Mohd Hussin
How much money was exchanged? - Mano
Damn....basically it is releasing a sex maniac into the community - Better Malaysia
"quote" I am fasting. I am a Muslim and I respect the decision," he said, according to Berita Harian. "unquote"
What a joke, In the first instance such thing should not have happened. Now his reputation is dangling for he was not given the chance to clear his name in court. The girl wished to withdraw the case..who knows why?? same as the Melaka case. - Honma
A banker, an interior designer and a plumber walked into court.
Antara tabik Russia dan tabik Rusila...
Dia tu MB sepenggal tak sedaq diri...