19 November 2010

Zaid leaving on the Dec 16, why not now......

Former PKR Federal Territories chief Zaid Ibrahim will not be quitting the party immediately, but will do so in a month from now. He told a packed press conference today that he has submitted his resignation letter to the PKR headquarters today, effective Dec 16.

Zaid has also vowed that come rain or hailstorm, he intends to contest in the next general election, either as an independent or as a candidate for a new party. "I will definitely contest in the next general election. If we fail to start a new party - although it is hard to fail because Malaysia has so many parties - then it will have to be as an independent (candidate)," he told reporters this morning at his home in Tropicana. "But politics is a lonely game, so it is better to contest with some friends under the same banner," he said of his plans to form a new political party.

Asked why he chose his resignation in one month's time - on Dec 16 - he said, "Why December 16? Well, if he (de facto leader Anwar Ibrahim) likes September 16, then I like December 16." It is understood that the party secretariat has acknowledged receipt of the letter. Zaid, who was flanked by about 10 supporters at the press conference, will spend the next three weeks speaking to his supporters.

Not a sore loser

Reading from a written statement, Zaid said that his departure from the party was due to "allegations and slander" from top party leaders. Among others, he claims that top party leaders have accused him of acting in bad faith, shown no loyalty to the party, is lazy, contributed little to the party and fails to understand the party struggle. "Anwar Ibrahim himself have labled me a 'Trojan horse' and 'sore loser'. I am unwilling to work with leaders who like to insult others, such as what they did to me," said Zaid.

Again invoking his resignation from the cabinet in 2008, Zaid said he had resigned due to the principle of 'collective responsibility' after he disagreed with the government's decision to arrest three individuals under the Internal Security Act. "This time, I am quitting because it is appropriate for me to do so when I'm no longer trusted by the top leadership who regard me as a traitor.

"I am not a coward nor am I a kaki merajuk (sore loser). I will continue to be my friends in politics and (continue my) struggle for health and responsible politics to defend the public," he said.

Harsh parting words

Zaid, who recently quit the deputy president race amid allegations of irregularities, also expressed his disappointment with PKR leaders who have criticised him and accused him of trying to destroy the party. "I never had ill-intentions. I joined the party as a lifetime member, along with my children... because we believed that this was the party of reform and transparency, which would bring hope to this country. I never had plans to start a new party," he said.

He added that he has built a rapport with small parties such as Kelantan-based Akim and Sarawak-based Snap in the bid to create a strong opposition. "If I was in charge of PKR, there would never be a three-corner fight in Batu Sapi.

"Those who want to continue with the hallucination and dream of (change by) Anwar can do so, but those who want real politics based on policies and issues and not just the perpetuation of certain personalities, (can join me).

"What has Anwar stood for? His black eye helped him, but what (reforms) did he do as a minister? Look at the facts," he said. Harsh parting words notwithstanding, Zaid claimed that he was not severing ties with PKR nor Pakatan Rakyat and is willing to work with the opposition coalition and BN on certain issues.

source:malaysiakini

Mungkin dia dah Nyayu atau Nyayuk. Namun bentuk saja parti baru,UMNO
(gomen) akan lulus dalam 5 working days....


Baca 'Zaid hantar surat keluar PKR, ikrar tubuh parti baru' di sini.

cheers.

No comments: