29 April 2012

Lawyer says he was whacked by police...

haijan omar 290412
A lawyer who served as an observer at the Bersih 3.0 protest yesterday said he was attacked by police officers who continued beating him after he had been detained.

Mohd Haijan Omar, who was observing the protest on behalf of Lawyers for Liberty, was on his way to the parking lot in front of Reggae Mansion Hostel at Jalan Tun HS Lee when he saw several police officers pursuing fleeing protesters at around 7pm.

“I saw the police chasing the protesters. I was just standing there, I didn’t know whether to go to the left or right because it was just chaos in front of my eyes.

“Then they said something to me, and I replied, ‘Pardon me?’ and then they just started to charge at me, I was caught off-guard,” he said.

Mohd Haijan was clad in a yellow T-shirt with a white shirt on the outside during the protest.

However, he had removed the outer layer of his outfit as he was going home, and speculated that this may have been a possible reason why he was beaten up.

“They (two officers) started to whack me even after I told them I was a lawyer. Then another three officers came and they whacked me even after they had subdued me,” he said.

When he was being taken to Dataran Merdeka where all the detainees were being held, two more officers hit him again.

“I asked whether I was arrested but they didn’t say anything,” he said.

As a result, Mohd Haijan said he suffered a cut on the side of his left eye and a swelling at his jaw, on top of bruises throughout his body.

He was later taken to the Police Training Centre (Pulapol) at Jalan Semarak to be processed.

“Pulapol was totally a different world, there they serve you food and you wait for your number to be called,” he said.

Mohd Haijan has since lodged a police report yesterday over the incident.

Student activist's mum hospitalised

Meanwhile, Independent Student Activists Group (Kami) deputy president Khalid Ismath’s mother, Faridah Abdul, was hospitalised after being allegedly being stomped on during the protest yesterday.

NONEWhen contacted, Khalid said he was leading student activists at Dataran DBKL at the front of the group, while his 50-year-old mother was located in the middle.

“When police fired tear gas... she became short of breath and she fell, her head hit a rock.

“After she fell, police chased protesters and many people knocked into her, then the police came and stomped on her, my mother lost consciousness and only awakened last night,” he said.

This, Khalid added, was conveyed to him by eyewitnesses who were near his mother during the chaos.

She was admitted into Hospital Kuala Lumpur at 4pm, added Khalid, and police said Faridah may have suffered intestinal rupture.

“My mother is still weak and cannot move. She can only lie on the bed, her speech is also slow and she is still suffering a headache,” he said.

Khalid added that the family is awaiting scans of Faridah’s intestine. If a rupture is confirmed, surgery will be necessary.-malaysiakini

Punched, slapped, kicked...

Most of the protesters at the Bersih 3.0 rally yesterday were allegedly beaten when they were at the Masjid Jamek area.

Many of them claimed the police carried no name tags or identification numbers on their uniforms when they launched their attacks at about 6pm. The assault lasted for three hours.

Some of the protesters related their ordeal to Bersih at a press conference at a restaurant near the Chinese Assembly Hall here today.

Protester Adrian Low (picture above), 38, said he was repeatedly stomped on his back even after he was detained. His back still carries the footprints of the police boots.

“I was at the side walk of the road, texting to a friend who had gone missing when about 10 police officers charged at me. I was wearing the yellow Bersih T-shirt.

“The officers kicked and punched me in the eye, head, neck,” he said.

“Then I was taken to Dataran Merdeka [which had been turned into a temporary detention centre]. There they continued to assault me.

“They just came and punched me continuously even after I was detained,” he said.

Beaten several minutes

Another protester, Nurul Amani Faizal (picture right), 28, said that 10 male police officers charged at her and beat her.

“They had just fired a tear gas at Masjid Jamek so my friends and I ran in the opposite direction. I wasn’t wearing the Bersih T-shirt but I was a rally participant. They caught hold of me and beat me.

“Then one officer slapped me and asked a female officer to arrest me,” she said, adding that she sustained injuries in her lower back.

Mohamad Fazwan Yusoff (picture below left), 23, who sustained bruises to his face and left eye, said that he was about to leave Masjid Jamek when the police dragged him and assaulted him.

“My friends and I saw the police step on a lady so we went to help her. Suddenly, a group of policemen appeared and attacked us too.

“I don’t remember how many charged at me but I was beaten for several minutes and they didn’t stop even in the police truck.

“They just continued their assault,” he said.

Daniel Lee (picture,right), 39, who was in his Himpunan Hijau green T-shirt, said that he was assaulted for taking pictures of the policemen beating the protesters.

“I wanted to go back to Kelana Jaya. I was at Masjid Jamek station when I saw some policemen assaulting someone so I took a video. They then surrounded me.

“They didn’t take my camera but they punched and kicked me and I needed five stitches behind my ear,” he said, showing his blood-stained green shirt.

Photographic evidence

Bersih steering committee member, Wong Chin Huat, who was arrested himself, said that it was not unusual for the police to continue their insults and assaults even after the protesters were detained.

“They only stopped beating me when I fell to the ground; even then, they continued to shout racial insults in the trucks,” he said.

He also said that Bersih heard of policemen who were dressed in yellow Bersih T-shirts while videographing the detainees in the police trucks and detention centres.
Bersih co-chairman, S Ambiga, called for a full inquiry into the protest to identify “those who created the problem”.

“There is too many photographic evidence. When the dust settles, the truth will emerge,” she said.

The peaceful assembly turned violent at about 3pm when some protesters breached the barricade which cordoned off Dataran Merdeka.

Tear gas and water cannons were fired to disperse the 80,000-strong crowd. The police and protesters clashed for about four hours before police regained control of the city.
As of last night, police said that 388 arrests were made.

However, Bersih steering committee member, Maria Chin Abdullah, said that the police told PKR vice -president Tian Chua (who was also arrested) that 460 arrests were made.

“He was released at 5am this morning and the police conveyed the information [of the arrests] to him,” she said.-FMT

71-year-old woman claims she was punched by police

Female reporter 'grabbed' by four male cops at rally

Don't deflect from electoral reform issue, gov't told

Bersih rally shows angry and divided nation, says Umno deputy minister

Peguam dakwa dibalun polis...

Seorang peguam yang bertindak sebagai pemerhati dalam perhimpunan BERSIH 3.0 semalam mendakwa diserang anggota polis yang bertindak memukul dirinya walaupun selepas ditahan.

Mohd Haijan Omar berkata beliau dalam perjalanan ke Reggae Mansion Hostel di Jalan Tun HS Lee ketika beliau melihat beberapa orang polis sedang mengejar peserta perhimpunan dalam kejadian pada sekitar jam 7 petang.

haijan omar 290412Ketika kejadian itu, Mohd Haijan berkata beliau ditegur oleh seorang anggota polis berkenaan dan kemudiannya meminta anggota berkenaan mengulangi perkara tersebut.

Beliau kemudiannya terkejut apabila anggota polis itu bertindak mengejar dirnya.

Mohd Haijan berkata beliau memakai baju berwarna kuning dan selapis baju berwarna putih ketika perhimpunan itu berlangsung.

Bagaimanapun, beliau membuka helaian baju putih kerana beliau telahpun dalam perjalanan pulang ke rumah dan perkara itu mungkin menyebabkan beliau dipukul polis, katanya.

Peguam yang bertindak untuk Lawyers for Liberty itu menambah, dua anggota polis tersebut terus memukulnya walau selepas menyatakan bahawa beliau seorang peguam.

Kemudian, tiga orang anggota polis lagi tiba dan memukul dirinya walau selepas beliau ditahan, katanya.

Mohd Haijan berkata beliau turut dipukul dua lagi anggota polis ketika dibawa ke Dataran Merdeka selepas itu.

Katanya beliau telah bertanya sebab penahanan beliau namun tidak mendapat jawapan.

Katanya lagi, beliau kini mengalami luka di bahagian bahawa mata kirinya, bengkak di rahang dan juga lebam di bagian lain badannya.-malaysiakini

Hishammuddin Tun Husein cakap polis bersikap cukup profesional...

Click on 'sumber youtube' to view its corresponding video clip on YouTube

Bersih 3.0 - Police acted professionally 

Lelaki ini kejap jadi peserta, kejap jadi polis...

Gambar bawah kiri: Lelaki ini sedang menerajang motosikal polis.

Gambar bawah: lelaki ini juga yang menangkap peserta BERSIH.

Sedikit demi sedikit bukti penyamaran polis terdedah. Sesiapa yang mengenali polis ini, sila dedahkan namanya, akaun facebooknya (jika ada) dan berkhidmat di IPD mana. 

Dan yang paling penting, bantuan diperlukan untuk mendedahkan gambar lelaki tidak siuman yang menaiki bumbung kereta polis dan menghentaknya. 

Jika Datuk Zaharin dari UMNO Bandar Tun Razak maklumkan hampir 2 ribu polis yang menyamar menjadi peserta Bersih untuk menimbulkan huru hara dan provokasi, maka tidak pelik kalau lelaki tidak siuman yang menaiki kereta polis dan menghentaknya juga seorang polis!-kafesantai.blogspot  

POLIS MERUSUH- provokasi polis kantoi,,, beliau memakai getah kuning, penanda bagi setiap Polis berpakaian preman (SB)

Kenapa Najib pula minta maaf,bukan kerja KPN & Hishammuddin


1 comment:

Daniel Hirsch said...

Thanks for your great information. We all appreciate your information. Keep posting these kind of nice blogs.
Conveyancing freshwater