Anwar bidas Idris Jusoh isu hantar anak ke luar negara...
Anwar Ibrahim membidas kenyataan Menteri Pendidikan II, Datuk Seri Idris Jusoh supaya ibu bapa yang tidak bersetuju terhadap Pelan Pembangunan Pendidikan Malaysia 2013-2025 (PPPM), perlu menghantar anak mereka ke luar negara.
Katanya, Idris perlu menjawab isu berkenaan dengan hujah dan fakta bukan memberi kupasan angkuh berhubung perkara itu.
“Jawab dengan hujah bukan angkuh,” tulis Anwar sebagai maklum balas terhadap rakan twitternya yang berkongsi laporan kenyataan Idris itu.
Idris yang juga Ahli Parlimen Besut dilapor berkata, kerajaan tidak akan menghalang mana-mana pihak mengambil keputusan menghantar anak mereka ke luar negara kerana tidak meyakini sistem pendidikan di Malaysia.
Tekan beliau, tiada sebarang tindakan dapat diambil untuk menghentikan rancangan kerajaan meneruskan pelaksanaan PPPM kerana ia telah dirasmikan.
“Kalau ada kata sistem tak baik dan nak hantar anak ke luar negara kita tak halang,” katanya kepada pemberita hari ini.
Pelan berkenaan menerima reaksi negatif daripada pertubuhan persatuan Cina seperti Dong Zhong dan juga Pakatan Rakyat.
Dong Zong yang dianggotai 77 persatuan Cina sebelum ini dilapor berkata, tidak menolak kemungkinan untuk membawa isu berkenaan ke mahkamah memandangkan pelan berkenaan dakwa mereka mengancam bahasa ibunda mereka.
Pakatan pula melihat terdapat enam aspek PPPM yang dilancarkan Menteri Pendidikan, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin pada Jumaat lalu bukan platform menyeluruh.
Jawatankuasa Pendidikan Pakatan Rakyat berkata, ketiadaan maklum balas daripada Kementerian Pendidikan terhadap pendedahan spesifik sistem pendidikan gagal memberi keyakinan bahawa PPPM akan dilaksanakan dengan berkesan dan cekap.-keadilandaily
Unhappy with blueprint?,study abroad...
Despite facing legal action from Dong Zong (United Chinese School Committees Association), the Educational Ministry will continue with its plan to increase the teaching hours of Bahasa Malaysia in all schools as stated in the new Malaysian Education Blueprint launched by Deputy Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin on Sept 6.
It was reported last week that Dong Zong and some other Chinese groups may take legal action against the Education Ministry, including holding peaceful rallies, should the National Education Blueprint 2013-2025 remain detrimental to Chinese education.
According to a news report, Dong Zong president Yap Sian Tian was not optimistic with what is in store for primary Chinese schools, seeing it as a step to realise the government’s ultimate objective of implementing the monolingual education policy.
Speaking at an open dialogue forum this morning, Education Minister II Idris Jusoh said that his ministry will carry on with its plan and hinted that those who are not satisfied with the blueprint can send their kids overseas.
“We cannot please everyone, we have our own objective and we will continue to implement it. It is not my own decision before we come up with this blueprint; we have sat down with thousands of experts,”
“We have 12 years of plan. The national language should be used as a communication medium for everyone in this country,” he said.
English standard worrying
Meanwhile, Idris Jusoh admitted that the standard of English used by English teachers is still at a worrying level as only one third of them passed the Cambridge Placement Test last year.
“61,000 teachers sat for the CPT last year and only 20,000 of them passed the test,” he said.
“We are not trying to deny the fact. That is why now 5,000 have been retrained so that they can teach better and another 9,000 teachers will be retrained soon,” he added.
When asked whether the teachers would be sent abroad for TESL and TESOL, Idris said that the ministry cannot afford to send everyone as it faces limited ability.
“We cannot afford that. Majority of them will still be trained locally,” he stressed.-fmt
Blueprint does not inspire...
Pakatan Rakyat (PR) voiced disappointment at the final draft of the National Education Blueprint 2013-2025 as it has not addressed many of the concerns raised after the first draft that was released on Sept 9, 2012.
"There was no mention of building new schools according to the needs of parents," the PR Education Taskforce said in a statement. It said this was particularly so for vernacular and religious schools.
It noted that several good intentions were not followed through.
For one, the strategy to devolve more decision-making power to education agencies at the state and local levels, however, did not have provisions to include the state and local governments in the decision-making processes.
There was also no mention of how a diverse teaching workforce could be created.
As for upgrading vocational education, the blueprint did not state anything about streamlining technical, vocational and skills training among the different ministries offering these programmes.
It said the changes were "largely incremental" and administrative.-theSundaily